Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Poem a Day: Week Two

Week 2: Poem a Day Challenge

Living a writer's life turns your brain ON!  I am finding that I see ideas everywhere, and I feel a need to jot notes, even if just mental ones, throughout the day.  In the morning, I can't wait to get started, and in the evening, I struggle to turn off my creative flow.     This is just what I needed.

The idea of writing a poem a day came from my work with the book, Life is in the Transitions, by Brian Feiler.  You can find lots of info at his website.    In working through his series of questions and his transition toolkit (meant to help people who are navigating massive life transitions or Lifequakes), I notice a theme in my life.  I am a writer, have been a writer since I was very little, when my mom sat my brother and I down and started us on our own journals to document our lives.   When I asked myself the question, "What do you REALLY want to do?"  the answer was WRITE.   Then my friend Tammy told me about this book, Atomic Habits, by James Clear, and how what we do creates our identity, so if we want to be something, we need to DO that something.    And my personal challenge to write every day was born.

I hope you enjoy this week's poems, week 2 of my challenge!

For the podcast of week 2's poems, Click Here

To sign up for weekly notification of new blogs/podcasts, email me at blueheronms@yahoo.com to get on my private list.

:) Emily


Poem #8, Jan 8, 2022: "Inbetween Spaces"

Listen to Poem #8


Poem #9, Jan 9, 2022: Sphere of Influence

Listen to Poem #9


Poem #10, Jan 10, 2022: Early Spring?

Listen to Poem #10

Poem #11, Jan 11, 2022: Insomnia

Listen to Poem #11

Poem #12, Jan 12, 2022: Bald Eagle

Listen to Poem #12

Poem #13, Jan 13, 2022: Mt. Hood

Listen to Poem #13

Poem #14, Jan 14, 2022:  Emotional Math

Listen to Poem #14



No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem a Day Week 52, Dec 24-30

   Poem a Day, Week 52, Dec 24 to 30, 2022 Welcome to Sifting the Rubble's weekly blog and podcast of my poem-a-day challenge for 2022. ...