Friday, January 21, 2022

A Poem a Day: Week Three

 Week 3: Poem a Day Challenge January 15-21, 2022

This week I attended two events, both on the same day!   One was a poetry workshop put on by the Deschutes County Library, with Paige and Paige.  The workshop focused on poetry forms connecting to photographs.  Two of this week's poems came from that workshop, Mt. Rainier (photo poem, using articles A/An to start each line), and Mt. Bachelor (Concrete Poem, making the words in the poem have a concrete shape related to the topic).  The other event was the Blank Pages monthly gathering, where I read a revised version of The Quilter (from Week 1).  

I recognize that each week, there are poems that speak to me and beg for sharing and revision, while others are really for a specific person or myself.   I have visions of collecting the ones that want to be worked on, and then doing that work.  So fun!!

To hear a podcast of week 3's poems, Click Here

Hope you enjoy this week's offerings.   If you would like to sign up to get a link to each week's collection, please send me an email at blueheronms@yahoo.com  and I'll put you on my private list.

:) Emily

Poem #15, Jan 15, 2022, Mt. Rainier, 1915 in Imogen Cunningham's Lens

Listen to Poem #15























Poem #16, Jan ,16 2022 Mt. Bachelor's Smoke Signal

Listen to Poem #16












Poem #17, Jan 17, 2022,  Redwood Memory

Listen to Poem #17





















Poem #18, Jan 18, 2022, Sifting the Rubble

Listen to Poem #18











Poem #19, Jan 19, 2022,  How Much is That Again?

Listen to Poem #19




Poem #20, Jan 20, 2022,  My Dad, Circa 1973

Listen to Poem #20






















Poem #21, Jan 21, 2022, Ode to Healing

Listen to Poem #21





2 comments:

  1. My favorite this week is "Redwood Memory'. I like the way it flows as the reader reads it, following the non-grammar rules of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite poems, too. It is such a vivid memory for me, and I love how it resonates with others. Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts! It means a lot to me. :)

      Delete

Poem a Day Week 52, Dec 24-30

   Poem a Day, Week 52, Dec 24 to 30, 2022 Welcome to Sifting the Rubble's weekly blog and podcast of my poem-a-day challenge for 2022. ...