Friday, January 28, 2022

A Poem a Day, Week Four

 Week 4: Poem a Day Challenge January 22-28, 2022

Welcome to Sifting the Rubble's weekly poetry podcast.  I am Emily Gibson, the writer of these poems.   Here we are, week 4 of my personal challenge to write a poem every day for 2022!   I am thoroughly enjoying this process.  While I am striving to write a poem each day, I am missing the process of revision and refinement that I have purposefully put aside, in order to build a habit and stretch myself as a writer.  However, I am putting together a poll so readers can vote on the poems that might go through the revision (the re-seeing!) process. Will post that poll next week after all of January's poems are complete.  :) 

This week's poems are drenched in the landscape of central Oregon, where massive hoarfrosts brought so much, visually to the dry barren landscape, and the mountains continue to put on a show that just begs to be captured in poetry.  I am discovering how much of a "nature poet" I am. Trying to make the beauty of this world more accessible to others, as a photographer would do.   I see the world like a photographer poet, perhaps?

I hope you enjoy this week's offerings!  If you would like to receive an email reminder each week, when the new poetry collection is published please email me at blueheronms@yahoo.com and I'll put you on my private, my-eyes-only list.  :)

Thanks for reading!

:) Emily

Podcast of the 7 Poems for the Week


 Poem #22, Jan 22, 2022, Unstructured Branch

Listen to Poem #22, Unstructured Branch

























Poem #23, Jan 23, 2022, Invasion of the Worm Snatchers

Listen to Poem #23, Invasion of the Worm Snatchers










Poem #24, Jan 24, 2022, Snow Capped Cascades

Listen to Poem #24, Snow Capped Cascades
























Poem #25, Jan 25, 2022, Loving You, #1

Listen to Poem #25, Loving You, #1
















Poem #26, Jan 26, 2022, Loving You, #2

Listen to Poem #26, Loving You, #2
























Poem #27, Jan 27, 2022, Hoarfrost's Vision

Listen to Poem #27, Hoarfrost's Vision
























Poem #28, Jan 28, 2022, Warmth

Listen to Poem #28, Warmth





No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem a Day Week 52, Dec 24-30

   Poem a Day, Week 52, Dec 24 to 30, 2022 Welcome to Sifting the Rubble's weekly blog and podcast of my poem-a-day challenge for 2022. ...